Saturday, November 04, 2006

The pitfalls of building blocks without the blocks

I don't know how many times I've had the old switch aroo played on me. People I speak to on the phone or have been in contact though the internet. They just never are the same people that I've created them to be in my head!

Maybe its one of the pitfalls of having a vivid imagination. But how can I always be so far off???? OK maybe you can't see the wings and tail of a dragon on the phone or through an email, but a sensitive people person like myself should be somewhere in the ball park.

Something that takes 2 minutes in person I don't think could be accomplished through a life time of phone conversations and email contact.

It's that person to person connection. There is something that takes place immediately that you know whether you want to see this person again. It's a very powerful thing and I don't think that anyone can really explain it.

It can't be picked up though phone lines, cable, or even ADSL high speed internet! I'm not talking about physical attraction or love at first sight! It's something on a much higher plane that maybe only our souls understand.

There are so many facets to a person. The human being is the most complex ball of atoms on the face of this planet. Before meeting with someone in person only a fool like myself would try imagining who that person really is.

I hope I have learned my lesson to let them build their own foundation stones in my head rather than me build them for them. It's too painful of a process to see so many buildings fall in an instance.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger WanderingStu said...

I hear you, man. It always seems to go that way... The rigors of internet life, for sure. I had a shadchanit want to hook me up with girls in Brooklyn- zoiks! A friend of mine once fell in love with a woman through phone conversations when he was about 23. He had actually met this woman face-to-face before, but the thrill of their phone connection opiated him until they finally met up again, and he was reminded that she was an obese, 5-foot-tall 43-year old!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home