Tuesday, June 27, 2006

the painful unknowing

Tonight I will go to sleep in my comfortable bed. I will hopefully fall asleep with warm thoughts about my beautiful children and loving family abroad. I will be in the safety of my familiar 4 walls. I will look forward to tomorrow and hope to come that much closer to my dreams.

Gilad Shalit will not have any of these luxuries. He knows the chances of him ever seeing his family again are very very low. He is surrounded by monsters that impatiently wait for the go to have at him. There is no one to tend to his wounds.

His dreams exploded with the artillery shell that hit his tank on his base just outside the Gaza Strip. If he falls asleep tonight he realizes that it could be his last night. He will fall asleep with horrible thoughts of various scenarios on how they will finish him off.

Gilad's parent's home is not a home anymore. There is a hole so deep that will keep its foundation shaky forever. There is no peace. Every hopeful thought is wiped away quickly by stomach pains that speak the truth. They would give anything just to have their son back. There is nothing they can do now!

I pray for a miracle that Gilad returns from the hell that he is in now. I pray for his parents that they will be able to hold him once again. I pray that the people holding him will grow a conscious and do the right thing.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger he who is known as sefton said...

frankly, I doubt the people holding that soldier will grow a conscience anytime soon . . .

and I'm basing that on a maxim that's circulated like small change among the peasants of Italy's Lazio region . . .

anyway, here's that maxim by way of "honed" translation:

"Beware the charity dispensed by the bloodthirsty. The price they mean to exact is reckoned in bloodsheed".

by the way, I quote that maxim in a blog post, the text for the hyperlink of which is below . . .

http://hewhoisknownassefton.blogspot.com/2006/07/reckoned-in-bloodshed.html

toodles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home