Thursday, February 23, 2006

If this horse had eyes!

Last night I had a bit of a deja vu. I knew I had been at that exact spot before, I felt all the same feelings. There was the butterflies, the anticipation, the 'what if's', the excitement of the unknown. There was one major difference though.

There's this big iron horse that sits at the top of Ben Yehudah Street. It's pretty hideous actually, I don't know why its still there. It's always a good point of reference for meeting. After you go through all the other points of meeting that you know and you don't succeed, there's always the horse. Meet you at the hideous iron horse at 8:00!!

I'll tell you, it was a little strange to sit under that horse again last night. As I waited to meet S I had a little re-acquaintance with that old horse. I told him all about the previous 8 years and what transpired since our first meeting. I told him about my two angels, about N and where it went from after meeting here, and why we got divorced. He gave me an iron neighhh of approval and now I was ready to start my search once again.

Yes it was a deja vu to be standing there again, but this time things were different. Or were they? How much did I change in those 8 years? Did I become a better person? Do I have more Torah knowledge? Do I have a better grasp on life? Have my long term goals changed?

I realized that in some of these areas I have changed tremendously, yet in others I remained very much the same. What I was looking for in a wife back than and what I am looking for today are very similar. Its something from within that knows exactly what it needs. It drives to find that which will perfect itself.

Call me a dreamer if you will but I am a firm believer. The Torah states, "30 days before you are brought into this world you meet your second half (basherit)." Your soul yearns to meet her in order to bring them both to perfection. There are those that argue with this! I have seen with my own eyes this joyful union. B"H I have seen it with close friends, I have seen it in my own parents, my brother, and a number of Rabbeum. Why is it so difficult for some to re-join and why do some have to try a few times?

I haven't met anyone yet who told me that life was easy. There was no form that I signed when coming into this world that everything would go my way. We are meant to work here! We are supposed to give our 100 percent. Generally the things that we acquire for little or no effort aren't our most precious things. It isn't any wonder that my most valued treasures in life are those I had I had to work extremely hard for.

Therefore I am ready to work hard for one of the biggest decisions in life. I am ready to climb any mountain, or cross any sea or desert to find my second half. I won't settle for anything less than the woman who will bring us both to perfection. I give myself and my many good friends out there who are single a blessing: May we find the right zivug before
Rosh Hashanah 5767!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Amen. You deserve to find an incredible woman because you are an amazing guy....only maybe stop having conversations with horses...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home