Tuesday, December 13, 2005

You pointing your finger at me????

I wonder what the Israelites were thinking when they were battling the Yehubisties for the possession of Jerusalem. "If it weren't for these dang Yehubisites everything would be just fine" When we were being plagued by the nasty Philistines was the national attitude. "Let's just get rid of all these Philistines than everything will be just fine?" Was there ever a time in history when we weren't bothered by anyone? We were just left to our own devices and everything was just fine??

Today we are surrounded by nations that would love to see us wiped off the face of the earth. Within our borders we have a people that celebrate when ever one of them succeeds in killing and maiming our people. There is a feeling within many, "if only we could get rid of all these people than everything would be just fine." I wonder if that would be so.

If the Babylonians took their book of the law of the Hammerubi and skedaddled, if the Egyptians took their papyrus's and boogied out of here, if the Turks took their bathhouses and booked out, if the Roman's took their pillars and high tailed out, if the Greeks took their god's and departed, if the Persian's, Byzantines, etc, etc, left us alone, would we have been just fine?????

When I was in grade school there was a small group of kids that claimed to be part of the KKK. I don't think they were, but they were big fans. They used to make my life hell on occasions. "Hey Jew boy!!!" "Hey big nose!!!" They didn't like me too much!! They constantly reminded me that I was Jewish, just in case I might forget. Today I owe these hoodlums a huge thanks. If I am going to get hassled over being a Jew than at least I better find out what it means to be a Jew. They kept me in check, they wouldn't let me forget about who I am and what my purpose is in life is. I could have focused on how I could manage to take off their heads, how much I hate them, how to avoid them, or revenge. I would have missed the point.

These KKK wanabee's, the Yehubasites, Greeks, Turks, Egyptians, Babylonians, and all the other ....ians are just tools trying to guide us into doing our jobs here on this earth. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see that every time we sway from our path there is always one of these peoples like a guard rail on the side of a road guiding us back. It seems that every time we try to alleviate the problem we focus on them!!! They try to remind us in all sorts of ways that, that's not the problem. We try new techniques! We think of the greatest solutions!! NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!! On paper and theory they looked great, why didn't they work out?

The ONLY solution to "everything to be just fine," is to look at the real problem, US!!! Until we, as a Jewish Nation get our act together, we are in for some serious reminding by our good friends around the world.

3 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Wow, Josh, you keep hitting them out of the park! Great post. You are so on target with this, but it is something we never think about. Of course there would be someone else to persecute us if not our current nemeses - because we are not doing OUR job, but we are never conscious of it.

Great attitude to take towards your childhood taunting. I don't know many people who could turn that into a positive.

First time I have ever seen the Yehubisites mentioned in a post...might start a trend, I will be looking for them to appear elsewhere...

I also never realized that my friend Ian was just a tool. Now I know.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Kalman Rushdie said...

Great post. I couldn't agree more.

Did you ever see the old HBO series, The Hitchhiker? It was sort of like the Twilight Zone for the 80s. One espisode was about this guy who had all these enemies, and then he picks up a stray dog. Soon he hears news reports of his enemies getting mauled by a dog on a daily basis. Everything seems to be going great for a while. Then he has a fight with his girlfriend, and she says he's his own worst enemy.

Suddenly the dog starts growling at the guy and moving toward him, and...well, it was a two-part episode and I only saw the first part. If you know how it ends, I'd love to hear about it.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger oishkapipik said...

MC: I'm a big fan of the Yehubisties!!

Alex: That was hilarious! MC is right about you thats forsure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home