Friday, January 06, 2006

Circus Circus "all you can eat" and more!

I will never forget my first visit to Las Vegas. Its the only time in my life I have ever passed out. Its another world entirely over there. I was used to a life where the nearest neighbor is one mile away. For a 10 year old just out of the woods for the first time I went through a sensory mental overload.

I've been to Los Angeles and other cities on the west coast but this was something different. We went to the all you can eat breakfast buffet at Circus Circus at $1.99 per person. There was a long line getting in to this place, but not to worry, it moves very quickly due to the well greased machine I was about to see.

The walls and carpets were loud! The lights were blinking all over the place, all different types of colors. There were sounds of coins hitting the metal plates of slot machines from all directions. There were people everywhere! I was getting sick to my stomach.

We paid the cashier and got in line to one of about 20 rows of endless food bars. The lights and sounds were just as intense inside the restaurant. My head was starting to spin. I looked down the row to see how far this thing went..... I didn't see an end! I looked to the left and right! I was surrounded by heaps and heaps of Circus Circus $1.99 food and Circus Circus $1.99 customers.

There were millions of people in there! I saw a pile of bacon that would cover a small truck. There were piles of sausage! Heaps of eggs, all kinds! Hash browns, French toast, pancakes, cereals, ham, more meat, stuff I never saw in my life before, tons of it! I wanted to run but I couldn't, I was surrounded by food and people.

I somehow made it out of there, I ran to the bathroom! The blinking lights and heaps of bacon were running after me! It was a race and I knew I was losing.

I woke up in a daze lying on the floor of the Circus Circus bathroom looking up at my father. He looked a bit concerned! He led me back into that monster of a place with his arm around me. We sat at one of the 10,000 tables of the Circus Circus $1.99 Buffet extravaganza; I didn't manage to eat anything of its tasty treats that morning.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

Sensory overload just reading this post! Very scary for a child to pass out like that. Well, that cures any desire I might ever have had to go to Vegas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home