Saturday, January 21, 2006

Hershey's or Osem?

There was a sale in a certain store in Beit Shemesh this week on Kedem grape juice. People seemed to be buying it up like crazy. There was all this talk about how the American grape juice is just so much better than the stuff you get here. It was a big hit!

I don't claim to be a scientist, heck, I don't even claim to know that much about science, but it is a fact that about every seven years every cell in your body is completely reproduced. That means every 7 years I'm physically a completely different person than who I was before. Big deal you say! OOOOH it's a very big deal. I was counting the years in anticipation, to the day. Yes that's right on September 13, 2001 I became 100% Israeli to the bone!

Excluding a few short trips to the states to visit family since 94, every cell was born and prepared within the borders of Eretz Israel. This brings new meaning to the saying that "even the air here has a positive affect on you." Sure a visit to Israel once a year or so may give you a few holy cells. But why go for the finger nail when you can go for the whole Shabang?

I'm not sure if the sale of Israeli grape juice over there would be such a big hit, my guess is probably not. I don't think the affect would be the same anyway. Once you pull off the cap all that Chotz Le Aretz air would seep in there and spoil it a bit.

We know from all the kosher laws in the Torah that what we put in our mouths is a very big deal. It has an affect on us spiritually. What we eat has a big affect on who we are. I'm not saying that breathing non-Israel air or drinking non-Israel water is unkosher but when you look at it in this light, it can make you think twice about which grape juice to say Kiddush over.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

100% Israeli...Such a cool way to look at the 7 years thing! Of course, I am now completely despondent that 7 years passed and I am mostly American...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home