Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Drinks on me!

I woke up at about 6am and upon stepping out of my parents bed I almost stepped on someone. What a headache I had! I stepped over a few more people and saw in the next room a rather large girl with my parent's comforter wrapped around her. The place reeked of beer. As I looked down from the banister from upstairs to the scene below I realized there was no way I was going to get away with this one.

They were going to be coming back in a few days from a week long trip in China. They trusted me enough to leave me alone! They knew of course I would have a few friends over one of the nights, but this!!! The whole town somehow ended up at my house that night and the majority decided to stay the night.

I counted about 8 people scattered in the living room, 6 upstairs, and 5 others in the downstairs rooms. There were about 50 empty beer cans still laying on the table. There was a mote of beer on the carpet surrounding the table. Stuff was everywhere!! Not pretty. I woke everyone up and kindly told them to get out now!! I had a lot of work to do.

The problem with where I lived, it wasn't really near to anything. The nearest friend was at least a 15 minute drive away. After a drink or two they realized that the treacherous road back home had a good chance of getting the best of them.

This wasn't the first party at our house, my parents went on a vacation at least once a year. My brother already broke the house in a bit, he was a little smarter I guess. I think to this day they believe he just had a few friends over. I think my brother stayed somewhat sober to make sure things didn't get too out of hand. Like many times in my life as my parents claim I sometimes don't' think before I do things. I passed out I think just when the party was starting to get rolling, that was the mistake.

I did get the house in decent shape. The carpets were cleaned! Drapes were re-hung, broken things were replaced, broken railing were nailed back, various places got re-painted, etc etc... But the broken antique rocking chair, there was nothing I could do about that.

They came in and gave me a big hug, put down their things and were happy to be home. I was in the clear. My mom went up stairs to take a shower, that's the first thing most people want to do when they get off a long airplane ride. "J what the heck happened here?" I had no idea what she was talking about, I took care of everything. I even had a little blanket that the cat played with, laying over the broken rocking chair leg. I went upstairs and what nailed me was a 'dented in' metal towel holder. How did anyone manage to dent a towel holder?

A few days later my dad also questioned what all these little dents were in the antique wooden dining table. My parents aren't stupid! I'm not sure if they knew what the game 'quarters' was, but they knew exactly what went on that week. Its funny with these types of things, you always think you can get things past your parents. 999,999,999 out of 1,000,000,000 you don't!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger MC Aryeh said...

No one ever gets away with that! So, how did somoene make a dent in the towel holder?! And what did your parents do once they figured out what happened?

Love the beer caps addition by deff. I can picture it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home